Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Points
1. Some points have been accredited to me on the Singapore Dental Council platform, but it is not my full set of points. Why is this the case?
There are 2 accrediting bodies for the IDEM Digital 2020:
- Singapore Dental Association (SDA) for the Main Scientific Conference
- Association of Oral Health Therapists Singapore (AOHT) for the Dental Hygienist and Therapist Forum
Points may not be accredited by both bodies at the same time. Therefore, you may have received partial points for the IDEM Conference so far, however these are not the final number of points.
2. When will my full set of points be issued?
Due to technical issues with the Singapore Dental Council submission platform, full points may not be uploaded by the 19th of September. The accrediting bodies are working closely with the Singapore Dental Council to have points uploaded as quickly as possible.
An email will be sent out once we have completed the uploading process with the SDC. We apologies for any inconveniences caused and thank you for your patience and understanding.
3. Will Continuing Education Points be offered for the digital platform?
Yes, Continuing Education Points will be offered for the digital platform. For local delegates, we will be looking at 1B CPE Points. For more information on the points, please visit this Singapore Dental Council Page: https://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/sdc/continuing-professional-education/list-of-cpe-activities
Continuing Education Points will only be issued for the holder of the digital account.
4. How are CPE Points Awarded for the digital conference?
CPE Points will be awarded strictly based on 2 criteria:
- Duration of Viewing – Delegates must watch the session in full. Our system will automatically capture the total number of minutes of the video watched
- Keying Session Code into the Quiz box above the video – Session code within video must be keyed into the Quiz box above the video. Please refer to our guide on how to use the online system here.
5. Is there a difference in the allotment of CPE points between watching the session live or on-demand?
There is no difference in the allotment of points between watching it live or on-demand. Despite the number of times you view the session, you would only be accredited with one set of CPE points.
6. Will non-locally registered delegates receive CPE Points?
International delegates will receive a certificate, which lists down all sessions watched on the platform after the closing of the platform. This can be submitted to their national accrediting body. It is up to the national accrediting body to award points in your country.